CalConnect XLIII is the first preview of our new conference format. CalConnect XLIII will be four days (Monday through Thursday), and brings together, as a single event and with a single fee, our traditional conference (Conference Track), with elements of the former developers' forum (Technical Track). The two tracks are simply a handy guide to the session content, and all attendees are encouraged to attend sessions in both tracks. We will use your feedback and experience at Karlsruhe to help us fine-tune our new conference for events in 2019 and beyond.
CalConnect XLIII is open to members, and to non-members as observers.
Overalll Format: Monday morning will be the opening of the Technical Track and an introduction for first-time attendees and observers. Monday afternoon will be the opening of the Conferencel Track, including status of CalConnect activities, and other CalConnect business, and an Public Workshop to introduce Calendaring & Scheduling to developers, which will be advertised in the Karlsruhe IT community. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings will be Conference Track, afternoons will be Technical Track. The model for the content of the tracks is below; the Schedule section will include sessions for both the general and technical tracks.
Strategic topics and discussions
Decisions on CalConnect business
Small BOF sessions to gauge interest
Small sessions to report on progress in technical tracks
In depth discussions - possibly smaller groups as follow up from topics started at the conference
in depth BOF sessions
Face-to-face versions of TC calls
Development of data formats, protocols, standards (incl. Whiteboard work).
Joint work on CalConnect efforts such as the CalDAV Tester, iCal4J, DEVGUIDE, etc.
Test Lab: testing of new components, testing and resolution of bugs and issues, test requests from TCs to confirm application behavior.
Public Workshop: Monday 24 September, 1600-1730 - Introduction into Calendaring, Scheduling, address book and Date&Time, followed by a reception at 1800. See https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/TEC-Campus/events/252358527/ for more information.
- Conference Registration: Register from one to six people for the next CalConnect Conference, with a choice of payment options. Also used for Conference Observer registrations.
- Conference Quick Registration Register one person for the next CalConnect Conference and pay immediately via PayPal or credit card.
May not be used for Conference Observer registrations.
- Conference One-Day Registration: Register one person for a single day of the next CalConnect Conference, with a choice of payment options.
- Immediate online payment by credit card: Available for single registrations for a CalConnect Conference (see "Quick Registration" above).
- Payment following receipt of invoice: After receiving your registration we will send you a invoice, which can be paid by
- calling us with credit card details
- sending us a check or money order 1
- Bank-to-bank electronic funds transfer (automatic wire transfer) 2
- Payment at meeting: Present your credit card at the Conference or Interoperability Test Event to pay for your registration.
In all cases once your invoice has been paid, you will receive a paid invoice for your records.
1 Checks or money orders must be payable in U.S. dollars but may be drawn on foreign banks.
2 CalConnect does not accept payments via electronic funds transfer for amounts less than US $1,000 due to the transfer fees imposed by the banks at both ends.