This is a list of external services and resources used by CalConnect Technical Committees and other activities, and available to Member Representatives of CalConnect Members. In all cases the Executive Director should be contacted to request access to the desired service or resource, either by establishing or authorizing a userid for an external service, or gaining access to the Document Repository. See the bottom of this page for contact information.
As of August 2016, CalConnect has replaced our old OWL repository with a CalConnect area on BOX. No BOX logon will be required for CalConnect member representatives for read or download access only; however to gain access you will require the current URL and password for the CalConnect Document Repository area in Box. The URL and password are available from the Executive Director.The password and or URL will be changed periodically and a notice sent to all member representatives known to have requested access.
Etherpads are a lightweight collaboration tool which allow multiple people to collaborate in creating and editing a document interactively and synchronously. CalConnect uses them for a variety of purposes where synchronous collaboration is useful, in particular during Technical Committee calls and during the Test Events and Conferences. Multiple people may be editing the document at the same time, and you can always see what's going on rather than having to reload the document to see changes. As of July 2016 our etherpads have all been migrated to Titanpad.com. Titanpad offers us a private area for all of our own pads, including an active area and an Archive area for "Retired" etherpads. Titanpad requires you to have a logon; please contact the Executive Director to request a userid on our private area of Titanpad. Your e-mail address will be your userid and you will establish your own password. See CalConnect Titanpads.
CalConnect uses Github for in-progress specifications, the development of our Developer's Guide, and other purposes. We do not host our own Github instance; rather we have a secure area (and a public area) of the regular Github. This link will take you to the CalConnect public area of Github. To have access to the private sections, you must have (or create) an id on Github and ask the Executive Director to give you access.
CalConnect uses Slack, a well-known collaboration tool, for chat support during Test Events and conferences, among other purposes. You may request an invitation to the CalConnect Slack community by contacting the Executive Director.
These are largely folders in the CalConnect Document Repository. You will need the access credentials as noted above. Below, the desired folder is identified but a direct link will not work; instead enter using the credentials obtained from the Executive Director and navigate to the desired folders and contents.
- Member Directories folder - Member representatives for each member of CalConnect, with contact information.
- Admininistrative Documents folder - Current versions of all admnistrative documents
- Internal-Only Interop Reports 2005-2010 filder - Internal reports from Interoperability Test Events (discontinued in 2011 in favor of preserving the TC-IOPTEST-TESTING-NOTES etherpad used for recording testing resuls and problems during Interoperability Test Events)
- CalConnect Logos - The CalConnect Logo in gif and jpg formats for use by Members
- Board of Directors folder - Articles of Incorporations, Minutes of Board meetings, and a briefing about the CalConnect Board of Directors
- Annual Reports folder - Annual Reports from the Executive Director
- Internal Discussion Lists - List of Mailman mailing lists for technical committees, etc., and subscription links (you must be a Member Representative to subscribe to all private lists)
- Old List Archives - Archives of Mailman Discussion Lists up to November 2016. You must obtain login creditials from the Executive Director to access these archives.
If you encounter any problems, please contact the Executive Director at Dave.Thewlis@calconnect.org or call +1 707-840-9391 for assistance.