During its existence CalConnect has instantiated a number of Technical Committees, most of which were directly concerned with one or another aspect of calendaring and scheduling (e.g. CalDAV, Event Publication, iSchedule, Tasks). Typically these committees finished one or more draft specifications and submitted them to the IETF, and then largely went dormant. At the same time as calendaring and scheduling matured, more of the areas CalConnect began to look at didn't really fit well into the more specialized committees although they were still often within the general calendaring and schedule domain. Therefore a decision was taken in early 2017 to close the TCs not pursuing active work programs, and transfer remaining programs of work and responsibility for outstanding drafts to a single calendaring-wide Technical Committee.
This technical committee will work on improvements and extensions to iCalendar, CalDAV, and iTIP transports, including but not limited to: iCalendar diff/patch, more compact recurrences, extensions to tasks, consensus scheduling, best current practices for iMIP, and iTIP over HTTP (iSchedule). It will also be responsible for overseeing the progression of outstanding internet drafts and specifications from other closed committees assigned to it.
Begin and End Dates
Milestones and Work Products
- WebDAV Prefer: RFC Editor Queue
- CalDAV Managed Attachments: CalExt WG last call
- iCalendar Relationships: CalExt WG
- Publishing Extensions for iCalendar: CalExt WG
- DAV Sharing: Need new author? Need to add CalDAVTester tests by June 1
- Subscription Upgrade: try to test during CalConnect XXXIX
- iSchedule (base): waiting for CalExt WG?
- VALARM Extensions: post updated draft by April 15 (with or w/o default alarms
- Consensus Scheduling (VPOLL): update to use PARTICIPANT by June 1
- Task Extensions: update to use PARTICIPANT by June 1
- VPATCH: try to test during CalConnect XXXIX
- Enhanced CalDAV Sync: try to test during CalConnect XXXIX
- iSchedule Authentication/Authorization: ???
Method of Working
The Technical Committee will conduct a weekly scheduled TC call and make active use of etherpads and GitHub to maintain drafts. It will provide input to maintain the lists of outstanding CalConnect internet drafts at the IETF: IETF Submissions.
CALENDAR Reflector Mailing List
You must be an employee of a Consortium member to be subscribed to this mailing list.
You must be subscribed to the TC CALENDAR mailing list to post messages to this mailing list.
Participation in the CALENDAR mailing list will be in accordance with standard CalConnect practices and procedures.
Ken Murchison, CMU firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Chair for more information or to join this Technical Committee. Participation in this Technical Committee will be in accordance with standard CalConnect practices and procedures.