These Public Presentations include both CalConnect presentations and presentations made at CalConnect events by other parties. Some but not all of these presentations may be formal CalConnect documents; those which are will have CalConnect Document (CD) numbers.
- An Anecdotal History of CalConnect (January 28, 2015):
Dave Thewlis Executive Director of CalConnect, gave this presentation as part of the CalConnect Tenth Anniversary Celebration at CalConnect XXXII.
- Kepler Mission Operations Scheduling (May 25 2011):
Charlie Sobeck, Kepler Deputy Project Manager, NASA Ames, gave this presentation to CalConnect Roundtable XXI, discussing the Kepler Mission with a focus on the scheduling and resource optimization issues involved in the mission.
- Calendaring in a Public University (February 9 2011):
Shel Waggener, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Information Officer of the University of California, Berkeley, gave this presentation to CalConnect Roundtable XX, discussing the issues that face a public institution and the need for calendaring to become inclusive instead of exclusive.
- Ben Fortuna's iCal4j Presentation at Roundtable XIV February 2009 (February 4 2009):
Ben Fortuna was CalConnect's first Guest Speaker. He spoke on ical4j: its history, the reasons for embarking on it, issues encountered, and what he sees for the future of ical4j.
- Presentations from Meet CalConnect Event in Europe November 2008 (November 7 and 10, 2008):
This zip file contains the following presentations from the Meet CalConnect Invitational Event held in Prague on November 7th 2008 and in London on November 10th 2008:
- Meet CalConnect - Overview of the sessions to follow
- Introduction to CalConnect - Introduction to what we are, where we came from, what we do, etc.
- Interoperability Testing and Standards Development - How we do Interoperability testing and why
- Meet CalConnect - iSchedule - iSCHEDULE Technical Committee in more detail
- Meet CalConnect - TC Mobile - MOBILE Technical Committee in more detail
- CalConnect and Open Source - RPI, Bedework, Open Source, and member perspective on CalConnect
- Meet CalConnect - Stockholm University - A member perspective on CalConnect
- Public CalConnect Technical Preview from Roundtable XIII (October 8, 2008):
A presentation from CalConnect Roundtable XIII on the Technical Preview of seperate previews of CalDAV Scheduling, iSchedule, and Freebusy URL, involving multiple calendaring servers and clients.
- Public CalConnect Technical Preview from Roundtable XI (February 6, 2008):
A presentation from CalConnect Roundtable XI on the Technical Preview of seperate previews of CalDAV Scheduling, Server-Server Scheduling, and Freebusy URL, involving multiple calendaring servers and clients.
- The Danish Government eKalender.dk Project (February 6, 2008):
A presentation from CalConnect Roundtable XI by representatives from the Danish IT & Telecoms Agenday and the Danish Ministry of the Environment on the Danish Government's ambitious eKalendar.dk project to provide calendaring services to the public sector in Denmark. This presentation is ©2008 by the Danish IT & Telecoms Agency and the Kingdom of Denmark.
- Ekalendar.dk from the Developer's Perspective (February 6, 2008):
A presentation from CalConnect Roundtable XI by Cabo Communications, the primary contractor to the Danish Government on the eKalendar.dk Project. This presentation is ©2008 by Cabo Communications.
- Calconnect, Calendaring Interoperability and Calendaring Standards (November 11, 2007):
A recent presentation on CalConnect, Calendaring Standards, and CalConnect activities. A briefing for a potential member of the Consortium.
- Federated Free/Busy Demo (July 17, 2006):
Members of the Consortium succssfully demonstrated a proof-of-concept application which aggregated and displayed Free/Busy information for multiple individuals across seven different calendaring systems. The demo was conducted at The Open Group's meeting in Miami on Monday, July 17th in response to The Open Group's Federated Freebusy Challenge. The joint press release from CalConnect and The Open Group is at Federated Freebusy Demo Press Release. This presentation discussing the Freebusy challenge and how it was met was given at the demo in Miami. The aggregation technnology is based on the Bedework CalDAV implementation, and the intent of the Consortium is to make the freebusy aggregator, the connectors to non-CalDAV-based calendaring systems, and the web interface publicly available as open source.
- OMA/DS Liaison Briefing (April 5, 2006):
The briefing given to the Open Mobile Alliance/Data Synchronization working group as part of the establishment of a liaison between the two organizations.
- CalConnect Overview (October 2005):
The original overview presentation for The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium developed at its inception and revised after Roundtable III.
- Educause 2005 Presentation (October 2005):
A short overview of the Consortium presented at Educause 2005.